The iPad is all the rage in the publishing industry. With tablet sales worldwide expected to hit more than 300 million within the next two to three years, now is the time for book publishers to take full advantage of what the iPad has to offer.
The workshop is targeted to book publishers and anyone who are responsible for making the decisions about how products are to be developed and delivered to their markets.
This workshop will be conducted by publishing consultant from Sydney, Australia, Mr Peter Ong. A renowned journalist and designer, Mr Ong has lined up an exciting programme that will take participants through a range of topics. By the end of the workshop, you will be brimming with ideas on what you can do to take your publishing one step further in the digital world.
Topics that will be covered over two days:
- Trends and habits of the clicking generation
- A backgrounder on tablet publishing
- How to create an ebook using Apple’s publishing tool, iBook Author
- How to make your book look great with typography
- Using colour and design to enhance reader experience
- Enhancing your ebook with audio, video and other interactive elements
- Marketing your app to the world
- How to reinvent books and magazines in the digital age
- Building an online community to grow your audience
- Using social media to extend your brand
- Innovative publishing ideas from around the world
- How to monetize your app
- HTML5 and other third-party tools for book publishing
- Plus plenty of hands-on practical sessions
Date: 26/27 July 2012
Time: 9:30 am – 5.30 pm
Venue: Possibility Room, L- 5, National Library board, 100 Victoria Street
Workshop Leader: Peter Ong
Fees: S$430 per person (early bird registration before 30 June 2012)
S$470 per person (normal rate)
To register, please click here.
Download the brochure.
(65) 6848 8290