Student Picture Book Illustration Competition
Organised by the National Book Development Council of Singapore with the collaboration of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) in Malaysia. This competition aims to discover jup-and-coming picture book illustrators and to enable them to present their works and to encourage their creative activities. This competition is Judged by a jury comprising well-known editors and illustrators of children’s books from Malaysia3.
The prize-winning works will be exhibited in Singapore during the Asian Festival of Children’s Content (AFCC) 2011 and in Kuala Lumpur, ensuring their exposure to a wide audience and generating opportunities for publication. The award-winning works will be presented at AFCC’s website as well as in the catalogue in book format on sale.
Conditions of Entries:
1. Entry is free and for students at art colleges in Malaysia.
2. Original Picture book illustrations by Malaysians or permanent residents of Malaysia.
3. Illustrations for unpublished books only.
4. Entries should be original illustrations, not photographs or prints, prepared forpicture books for children. Should the original illustration be done using digital medium, then high quality prints must be provided.
5. One entry should comprise five illustrations for one story.
6. The story may be submitted in English, Malay, Chinese or Tamil. However, the English translation must be provided in not more than 300 words.
7. The maximum size of illustration is 297 x 420mm [A3].
8. The closing date is 30th April 2011.
9. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
10. Unlimited entry per student.
11. Winners must be prepared to lend the original artwork for the display at the Asian Festival of Children’s Content from 26 to 28 May 2011.
12. Winners will be required to allow reproduction of the artwork for use in web and printed publicity for the Festival.
13. The winners will be informed in writing by mid May 2011.
Each entry should be accompanied by the following:
1. Application Form, duly filled out in type or print, and sent to SCBWI Malaysia with illustrations.
2. Illustration label to be cut out and attached on the reverse side of each illustration.
3. Summary of the story in English in not more than 300 words.
1. 1st prize (1 winner) – airfare, accommodation and free entry to AFCC 2011.
2. 2nd prize (1 winner) – accommodation and free entry to AFCC 2011
3. 3rd Prize (1 winner) – accommodation and free entry to AFCC 2011.
4. Consolation Prize (up to 10 winners) – free entry to AFCC 2011
Entry to the AFCC Student Picture Book Illustration Competition 2011 is via the online entry form. Closing date: 30th April 2011.
Should you have any enquiries, please write to: email@example.com.