Ever thought of learning how to market your books successfully to become a bestseller? Here’s your chance! This exclusive, one day workshop will enlighten, excite and educate you as an author. Places are limited so book early to avoid missing out on the one event that could change your life as an author.
The topics to be covered include:
- Self publishing vs Traditional Publishing
- The power of print on demand (POD)
- How to find out if your book will be in demand
- How to write a book that sells
- Strategies in fast-tracking your book writing
- How to select a bestselling book title
- The 4 elements of cover design that sells
- Distribution channels to sell your self-published book
- Selling your self-published book in bookstores
- Using the Internet to sell your book
- Using social media to market your book
- Getting publicity for your book
- Generating revenue streams beyond your book
Terence Tam is the founder and Director of Bookpal Australia. In the past 8 years, he has transformed Bookpal, into the leading self publishing company in Australia. In the process, his company has helped teach, publish and market over 500 book titles. Terence’s book, “5 Easy Steps to Successful Self Publishing” is in its 5th edition with thousands of copies of his book having been read by people who want to self publish in Australia.
Ted Makukutu is the General Manager of Bookpal Australia. He has been working in the publishing industry for 8 years now. Ted has intimate knowledge of the whole publishing process having worked in sales, production, product and system development for the business. His day to day involvement with various bookstores and authors have given him extensive know-how into what sells and what it takes to get a book onto the shelf.
Date: 20 Aug 2010
Time: 9.30am – 5.30pm
Venue: Imagination Room, L5 National Library, Victoria St.
For more information or to register, visit us at www.bookcouncil.sg. Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully before registering.
Tel: (65) 6848 8290